Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Grandma time

I've been getting in a lot of grandma time this week. She's holding down the fort while mom is in Spain. Usually my mom is a big grandma hog, my aunt is too actually. My Aunt Sally was staying at my mom's house on Sunday night and Monday night just to be with Grandma. On Monday I called over there to see if Grandma wanted to run some errands with me. Aunt Sally said they were running their own errands and going to Walgreens, Wal-Mart and Lowes. I said, great, that's where I'm going, why don't you come pick me and the kids up. She said they couldn't because they didn't have any car seats. I said, "Yeah you do, they are in mom's van, take that." Then she said they didn't want us to come with them because they were on the "fast track" today. I.E. "I don't want you and your stupid kids in the way all day." Then I could hear Grandma saying something in the background and Aunt Sally suddenly changed her mind and we could go. Then I didn't want to go. The nerve! To give my kids the stiff arm. I have been not invited to stuff because of my kids, like they didn't think I could make it so I wasn't bothered to be invited, but never has anyone specifically said I couldn't come to something because I have kids. Especially stupid errands. Walgreens we were in and out. But Lowes... fast track my ass! We were there forever! I got my one thing but Aunt Sally was wandering up and down every aisle, she didn't know what she wanted. Then she went clothes shopping at Wal-Mart and I ended up pacing back and forth at the front of the store. They went out to eat after that but I had them drop me off at home. Grandma kept telling me that I was invited to eat and I could go because she knew Aunt Sally wanted to get rid of me. But I wanted to get rid of Aunt Sally. Geez, I should have gone by myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home