Monday, June 13, 2005

Todd's Birthday

Todd had a birthday party yesterday. Yeah, I threw it for him. It was his actual birthday so that was cool. He got some cool presents. Mostly car books. I got him an engine hoist. I thought the fact that it matched his car lift would be useless to him but in a surprising turn of events, he actually did care and got a kick out of the matching, and also brought up that it matched his fancy work lights I get him for our anniversary. So I might be rubbing off on him after all. Most engine hoists are red, so it is neat that I found a blue one. What did his brother get him? 2 DVDs. Any guesses as to which DVDs he got him? I'll tell you, Mystic River and Bloodwork. I told Todd, "I know they are your birthday presents and everything, but these are so going back to the store."
I had quite the feast going yesterday. I had nine crock pots full of food. It was pretty awesome. I took a picture. Todd's parents and brother were there along with his uncle and his two kids that Todd never gets to see. So that was good. My whole family was representin', except for my mom who was in Spain. She was having the biggest brain cramp over a party going on without her. You have no idea. She used to fly down to Texas whenever I was hosting a party to help me. She was so frantic before she left, "I have meatballs in the freezer that you can put in a crock pot... you can use my house if you want..." We didn't use her meatballs or her house, but she did call the house from Spain and talk to everybody. There were also random gatherings of friends. And lots of other people called to wish Todd a happy birthday. It was a good day. A successful day in birthday land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home