Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Game Face

I've got my game face on. I'm doing a wedding on Friday, and you really have to be there mentally. I've been sorting my cameras, camera bags, camera equipment, checking batteries. On friday I'm not mother or wife, I am wedding photographer. I have to be watching everyone and everything because if and when anything happens, I had better take a picture of it. Everybody is all, "Take it easy, have a drink, relax." I can't be screwing off over by the bar. What if Uncle Jimbo puts his tie around his head like a bandana and starts doing the worm? That's all me. Because later on somebody is going to ask me if I got a photo of Uncle Jimbo and the answer is going to be "yes" not "No, but I did a bunch of shots and got wasted on your tab, by the way you owe me $800."
Nobody really believes you are a photographer unless you do weddings. That is one of the more hard core things a photographer can do. Me taking some really neat little flower pictures isn't going to get me any street cred. I'm enjoying weddings more, the more I do them. I think my switch to digital will really seal the deal for me. Then it doesn't cost me more the more photos I take. Of coarse the wedding I'm doing next week will be all film again. They insisted upon it. I'm going to be totally spoiled. I need ten times more equipment for film. Oh well, I'll be ready... its all about the game face...

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Wes Raine said...

Well Stacy, you have my respect as a photographer, whether or not you do weddings. I have the turtle and frog photos to prove it! So...if you are free on (insert date later) and you can get to (insert location later), me and my fiance, (insert name later), would love to have you photograph our wedding, in digital of course. Do you charge a deposit?

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Sure, (insert price later)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home