Monday, July 18, 2005

Pencil fun

As Katie already knows, I hid pencils all over her condo. This is how I amuse myself. The last time I was at Katie's, I really needed a pencil and she didn't have one. So this time, I went to Sam's and got a giant box and since she wasn't home, I hid them all over her condo. Later she found one and showed it to me, like, "Hey, look, a pencil" assuming her brother put it there. So I found that amusing because I was right there, and it was totally something I would do, and she didn't put it together. Then she called me later that day after she had found four and figured out it was me. By the next day the total was around 15-16. This is the best joke. I will be amused by it forever. She will never stop finding pencils. She will be 85 years old and call me to tell me she found another pencil. The glory is that they are unsharpened pencils and she doesn't have a pencil shapener. Come on! That is gold! Katie, do you not love me forever?

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am currently at 16 pencils. the best on thus far being being a picture that was hung to the wall, that I haven't touched for 6 months, but happened to pull of the wall to show someone and lo and behold. I am kind of in a quandry with these pencils....I want to take the challenge, go on a manhunt and find every last of of them, but I also enjoy them popping up in all sorts of random places for the next 20 years. Good work stace.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Katie, you will NEVER find them all. But most of them will find you, eventually. I think you will find 50% of them in the next month.

You underestimate me if you think I won't come up with something new to hide in the next twenty years.

I also like the thought of you letting them find you. I'm impressed with your restraint, I thought you would have torn the place apart by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home