Happy Birthday to me
Today is my birthday. The big 2-6. I've crossed the threshold to halfway to thirty. I've always felt like life was painfully short so I've been in a hurry to accomplish things I think I should. So in the past five years I've graduated from college, gotten married, moved to and back from Texas, and had two kids, and started my own business. So the big question now is: Now what the hell am I going to do? I guess finish all the crap I've started.On a similar note. It has occured to me that I do everything, yet specialize in nothing. College specifically trained me to develop and print black and white photographs in a dark room, which I do not do. However, now I find myself making signs about farming for the fair on my computer, carving signs out of wood, I cut hair, I shave dogs, I fix my mom's friends' computers, I do people's nails, I photographs weddings, none of these things am I really qualified to do, and yet that doesn't stop me. Perhaps it should. I would say I'm not qualifed to raise children, but there really isn't a qualification for that other than the ability to produce them. We were talking about all the cakes I'd been making lately when Katie's brother asked me if I cut hair too. I said, "As a matter of fact, I do..." That's me, baker/barber. I should get new business cards.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home