Friday, July 22, 2005

Game day

Well, its wedding day and both my kids are sick. Baby Gabe threw up like crazy this morning. Its strange, when an adult throws up, they are like ready to walk into the light. When a baby throws up, it doesn't faze them at all. With the very next breath they could be laughing. I gave him a bath and washed everything in sight. Isabella just got up. Hysterical with tears and dried bugers all over her face. She is watching Sesame Street and eating Cheerios right now. They are both clam and collected. As long as I can make it through the day without catching whatever they have...

My grandma has been sick again. She has been having a lot of pain lately. They did a PET scan this week because the spots in her lungs they said weren't cancer six months ago grew and they probably are cancer. The PET scan indicated that spots on both sides probably are cancerous, they are doing a biopsy to find out for sure. Of coarse, I'm getting all this from my mom who is a total alarmist, so I'm not yet going to freak out over her possibility of cancer, my mom will do that enough for everybody. This is the same woman who gets mad at me for not having my dishes done. She's just looking for a reason to freak out. I, however, have already spent my morning covered in baby vomit, so I've have my excitement for the day.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so your kids rock, talk about self preservation. They know today is a big day, big crowds, lots of janky people wanting to grab and cuddle on them (disclaimer: Cara and Dinesh, I don't think that any of your guests are janky, but it's just the the big crowd kinda deal). So the Rio kids plot together to make them selves just unappealling enough, Gabe says "I claim the vomits!" Isabella replies "fine, but don't think that you can top the volume of green goo that's going to come out of my nose!" and they evil laugh together "Mwa ha ha". No annoymous guests will be cuddling on them tonight. Sorry mom and dad, they have outsmarted you this time, don't think that you can go be some photographer professional, or life of the party. You are parents. Always. :) Katie

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Katie forgets that there isn't any way I would take my kids to a wedding I was photographing. However well-behaved I believe my kids to be, they are still high maintanance and impossible for me to be doing double duty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home