For all those scientifically minded people...
I was recently reminded that I have Gabe's cord blood in a cryobank in California. His birthday is fast approaching and the dues are due. It is a pretty hefty chunk of cash to start but the yearly payments are only $115. Since he was my last kid that I plan on having, and the whole stem cell thing is raging, I wanted a piece of the action. They can do wonders with cord blood now, so if he ever needs it, its there. It will probably work on Isabella too. So for any of you planning on some kiddies, consider storing the cord blood. I know I feel pretty darn cool. And if any of you ever needs any stem cells, I can hook you up...
2 Comments:
We donated Ellie's cord blood to the cord blood bank at Cardinal Glennon. They logged it and if someone is a match they will use it. So it isn't stored specifically for Ellie, but it could help someone. It cost us zilch and makes us feel kind of warm and fuzzy. Who knows, if Ellie does need it and it hasn't been used I guess they would give it to her. I think you have to give birth at a SSM hospital to donate it. It is amazing what they can do these days.
Good for you. It seems a waste to throw out all that perfectly good stem cell blood.
Post a Comment
<< Home