Wednesday, August 17, 2005

what a good wife I am and stuff

I cleaned out the van so that it will be road trip worthy when my dearly beloved goes on the destination bachelor party. I even glued the rearview mirror back up so he wouldn't have to do it. I even read the directions and scraped all the old glue off like you are supposed to. The van has these two lights up in front that you press and they come on for like map reading. One has been broken forever, my mom blames it on her sister for braking it. It is totally punched in. So I turn the non-broken one on during the whole rearview mirror project and then I can't get it back off. Super crappy, right? If I ignore it, then it will drain the battery. So then I go to unhook the battery so it might forget that I turned the light on, but there is a bike hanging over the hood so I can't open it all the way and the battery was all crusted over. So unhooking the battery was off the list. So I sat in the van pressing the button a thousand times hoping it would magically go off. I eventually decided I had tried my best, said, "Sorry mom" and sent my fist through the light.

I realized how inappropriate I was, and often am, when Todd was talking to Dolan about his bachelor party and how he wanted to go to a waterpark on Saturday. I'm all, "Hey tell him its a topless waterpark" Dolan is in front of his future wife trying to play off what Todd said and here I am on the other end feeding Todd the ideas. It is a dangerous thing when a person is bored and looking for amusement. I was talking to Jeremey on the phone and Todd is in the background saying, "Ask him this, tell him that." Jeremey was doing the same thing. But all their stuff was boring and too long so I was just saying stuff I thought was funny. They caught on, but I'd like to think they were amused...

On Monday: The first thing I did was stub my two little toes. They still hurt, I got them good. Then I ate breakfast and I bit my lip. Its at that point you know you are going to have one of "those days." Then I did it twice more the next two meals.
The next day I went to my mom's house and the next thing I knew, I was helping her carry a cage full of chickens up the hill. In the middle of the hill she panted, "I'm so glad you came over today..." Wouldn't miss this for the world. She was replacing her chickens. You don't have 15 chickens to get two eggs a day. Chickens are crazy. They just up and die. You reach under one to get an egg and it tips over stiff as a board. They are getting pretty old for chickens and this is happening with more frequency. Mom's vet keeps chickens out on his farm to eat ticks. He's not in it for the eggs. They have a decent chance of getting eaten by a coyote. But hey, circle of life, what are you gonna do? Apparently the vet was late picking up the chickens on Tuesday. Nicole said, "Hey, I can take care of those chickens for you..." Mom was all, "They can take their chances with the coyotes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home