Monday, August 01, 2005

My internet sucks

I hate Charter. Two raindrops fall from the sky and I'm screwed for weeks. My internet has been BARELY working. It can take ten minutes just to pull up email. I'll type in my ID and password and then wait for freaking ever for it to come up and then it will bring up the screen where I need to verify my password again. What's really annoying about yahoo email is that you have to click a bunch of screens before you get to the actual new email. There's the first screen where it tells you how many new messages you have. Then there is the actual inbox where it tells you who they are from. Then you have to click again before you can actually read them. Which isn't a big deal until your internet is painfully slow then it times out before you even get anywhere. It sucks and I hate it.
In other news, I did another wedding on Saturday. That's when I realized I wouldn't want to photograph weddings for strangers. I knew the bride and groom. Todd works with the groom, and I knew two people in the wedding party. This was the first time I felt like I was 'working' at a wedding. It was pretty easy to photograph, everyone was cooperating, we all had some laughs, but Todd left before the reception to go to his ten year high school reunion so I was on my own for the rest of the night. I was eating by myself and there was this huge gap between the meal and the actual reception because they didn't invite all their guests to the dinner so they waited until 8:00 to start the dancing, the meal was at 5:30. So I sat there by myself for a good chunk of it. I talked to this other guy Todd worked with and talked with the wedding party a little. But I was bored and lonely and wanted out of there, but I couldn't leave. They started the dancing right on schedule. They didn't throw the bouquet until 9:30. By then I had plenty of dancing photos and I got the heck out of there. The day was going great in terms of pictures until the bouquet toss. I told her to look at me and smile, she did and I took the picture, the second after I pressed the button, she launched the bouquet. Nobody saw it coming, nobody was ready to catch it and I certainly wasn't ready to photograph it. I need at least five seconds to refocus on the single ladies, because its hard to focus in the dark. Well, I pressed the button, but its going to be a blurry mess. Usually everyone chants "one, two, three" but the only chanting was me saying under my breath, "son of a..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home