Wal-Mart with the Kids
This is what it is like to go to Wal-Mart with two kids. First, you park next to shopping carts. Then you go get one, insert the floppy seat, which is the cloth seat you put down when it is cold/flu season, cold outside, or you have a kid that likes to chew on the handle. Insert Gabe into floppy seat in the front. Put Isabella into back of cart where groceries will go. She stands there pointing at me saying, "sii, sii, sii, sii..." Then I point to her, point down, and say, "Sit!" Then she sits, but she made it very clear she knew I was going to say that, and she made me say it. We start shopping all is well until first item goes into cart. The rest of shopping will be me telling Isabella not to open whatever it was I put into the cart. (What am I going to do? Take it away from her?) Then if I put, bananas, bread or God forbid, bologna, into the cart, she starts saying, "Eat! Eat! Eat!" It sounds more like "EEE, EEE, EEE". If I'm not watching, she will eat through the banana peel. Usually I just give her a slice of bread to quiet her down, and so she won't destroy the bread. Then there is check out. Sometimes she helps me unload the cart. This is terribly cute, but I dare say, she is not very efficient. If it were today, she would cry every time she saw the bologna. I haven't bought it for a while, and clearly I underestimated how much she liked it. Her and Gabe wolfed down eight slices when we got home, at 10:00 in the morning. I will be in for quite the shitstorm later, literally. But the silence sure was great.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home