Babies
I re-discovered I had three babies living in my house the other day. I asked Todd to sign some Christmas cards and his whole life just ended. I didn't even ask him to sign them all, just the ones for his friends and family, like 20. Most of these people the only interaction we ever have with them is through the once a year Christmas card, does he really want this interaction to be his wife signing the card for him? These are his aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, friends, and a "Merry Christmas, Love, Todd" is too much for him to handle? He can spend hours wedged under a car, but the act of signing his name sends him into convulsions. He actually is a lot better than he used to be, there used to be a lot more flailing on the ground when we first got married. Now, he gives up after a little stomping around. The other night he stopped five shy of completion with these very words, "Couldn't you have spread these out over a week?! I'm going to bed. I have to get up at 5:45 and it is 10:00 so I am going to bed right now." Apparently two more minutes of signing his name would have caused him to fall asleep at the wheel on the way to work. How dare I endanger his life.To all you husbands out there, SIGN YOUR OWN NAME. Christmas cards, thank you cards, birthday cards, whatever. You know these people too, sign your own name. Say "Hey, I care enough to pick up a pen all by myself and say hello" Say, "Hey, this ring on my finger has not rendered me completly incompetent of representing myself." I swear, it won't kill you, everything will be alright.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home