Christmas is coming
It is kind of sad to reach that stage in your life where you are no longer excited about what you will get for Christmas. When you were a kid, it would keep you up at night, oh the excitement! My kids aren't old enough for the anticipation. Isabella did sit next to the tree, grab the nearest present and pull it into her lap. Then she looked at me with those eyes that said, "I am so going to open this" then she started to pick at the tape. I told her to put it back and she has respected them ever since. She does know darn well what a present is and what to do with it. Next year will be fun.Today I bought Justin his new calendar. That's been my thing for the last couple of years. I open it up and write everyone's birthdays in it for him. He kind of pissed me off two Christmases in a row and I've not exactly been out to please him since. The first year it was the expensive MP3 player I bought him. He refused to use the software that came with it, broke it, then told me, "It was a stupid piece of crap and I threw it away." He said that of coarse the next year, the day before Christmas Eve. That year we went halvsies with his parents and bought Justin a CAR!! He shows up for Christmas with no gifts for ANYONE stating that, "Christmas snuck up on him." So we went to the mall and en route for him to buy his presents he hit me with the thing about last year's present. Like I wasn't mad enough about buying him a car and he couldn't get anyone else anything, he had to twist the knife about last years present. He wrecked the car by the way, he sitll drives it. So last year we got him a box of engine oil and a calendar. This year he's getting three gift cards. I didn't want to wrap just the gift cards since Justin is such a baby about wanting things to open (just for review, he's 30 years old), so I attached them to, a quart of engine oil (can't ever get enough of that), some new socks, and the DVD Life of Brian. Todd said he didn't think Justin liked Monty Python. I said I didn't give a crap, and if he said one thing about it, I was taking it back home with me. I am so in the spirit of Christmas usually, but you can only take so much. I search and search and rack my brain for the perfect gift, then get kicked in the balls. So I decided to stop doing this to myself since I know the kicking in the balls is going to happen. So I spent good money on him, make no mistake, but I only put as much thought into his gift, as he puts into ours. HO! HO! HO!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home