Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Famous couples

There is a lot going on with famous couples in the news. You cannot escape it at the checkout line. So here is my commentary:
Katie Holmes. I heard she plans on changing her name to Kate Cruise. That's kind of catchy, I'll give her that. But so few celebrities change their names when they get married, why now? She seems to have the submissive younger woman thing going on there. Especially for the whole ditching Catholicism for Scientology. In any event, in the history of the world, women have attached themselves to less favorable characters than Tom Cruise, so to her I say, "Enjoy it while it lasts!"
Tom Cruise. Kind of freaked everyone out at first, I enjoy the low profile he's been keeping latetly, keep it up dude. Perhaps they could have that baby on some remote island and come back when the kid is 18, I don't want to relive the whole Britney birth again.
Which brings me to Britney. I thought her husband was just a white trash, background dancin', other people baby daddy, but as it turns out, he's a rapper too. I'm sorry Britney. I did not know how talented he was or how committed his was to supporting his family. I don't believe all those reports about him getting kicked out, that is true love if I've ever seen it. You go live happily ever after with your prince Britney, yeah, don't listen to anyone... happily ever after...
Which brings me to Jessica Simpson. I made the mistake, a couple of years ago, of watching the show about their wedding. It was so painful because the whole thing was about how religious she was and that she was a virgin and saved herself for him, it was even mentioned DURING THE CEREMONY. Dude, it was like the priest was saying, "Hey everybody, tonight Jessica's gonna DO IT!" Painful I say. Anyway, fast forward however many years, and now she's getting divorsed. That worked out real well. Way to save yourself for "the one".
Which brings me to Brad Pitt. Brad, you just got divorsed, speeding things right along adopting her kids, no? Niether one has a good track record, but hey, have fun while it lasts!
I also appreciate that Ben Affleck married Jennifer Garner, way to keep up the Bennifer thing. Although, the media isn't using it, and generally ignoring the whole thing, which I also appreciate.
Why do these people even bother? I applaud Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake. Way to NOT get married. All these other jokers are the best thing that ever happened to them because it is keeping them out of the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home