Thursday, January 26, 2006

Isabella is sick

So I returned home on Sunday to the beginning of Isabella being sick. She has had an intense fever all week. Yesterday I took her to the doctor. Well, my usual doctor wasn't there so I saw the nurse practitioner. Who I'd like to call, "If you are as good as a doctor, why don't they call you one?" or "Big fucking waste of my time." Here's how it went down: She looked in the ears and listened to her heart and didn't find anything. Then she looked in her throat. She gagged her so bad that she threw up the breakfast that I worked so hard to get her to eat because it was her first meal in days. And she threw up more and more and more, until I was surrounded in vomit and all its glorious smell. Gabe was with us and he started screaming at the whole thing. Screaming and screaming and screaming. This annoyed the nurse practitioner so she took Gabe out of the stroller and handed him to me so then I had two screaming kids in my lap and I was surrounded by vomit. She could not determine anything to be wrong so she shipped us off tired and smelling of vomit. My doctor called me when I got home after he found out I had been there. He had spoken to the nurse practitioner and he told me what he thought it was based on her symptoms. Hmmm... real useful information and some answers, almost like I was talking to someone that knew what they were talking about...
In any event. Since the vomiting incedent, she has thrown up some more. If I try to give her tylenol to control the fever, she gags. So now I can't even try to help the fever. She's been pretty high maintenance. She just wants to sit in my lap and watch TV. She is currently sleeping in my bed. Her bed is not good enough during the day.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should forward this to my friend, and scare the piss out of him for thinking of starting a family soon with that girl. You present quite a visual picture. Thank god Gabey and Isabel are normally so cute, and they have parents that are patient and loving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home