pinacle of my mothering career
Me and Isabella just got back from our mother-daughter day out. We went to go see Sesame Street live. First time for both of us. This was the highlight of my mothering career I think. You know, when your kid is born, you sit there whispering to them about all the cool things you are going to do together for the rest of their lives. This was one of those days that really hit home. You drag your kid to the supermarket a hundred times, to the mall, a million places you drag them because you have to, not because you want to. But today it was all about her. She didn't understand until Bert came out on stage, to see her face light up and she pointed and said "Bert!" and then, "Ernie!" It was Big Bird that she was the most excited about. I really teared up when she saw Big Bird. She really knew it was all for her. At the intermission we bolted so we could be first in line to get our overprised souveniers. She didn't want to leave but I convinced her we were going back. All around us were kids in this inner city program. They were all in big groups. There were hundreds of them. They all got prepacked meals with the name of the program on them. I didn't realize what I was doing until I returned to our seats with all my bounty and I realized all the kids were staring at us wishing they has one of the light up spinning elmo toys or the Sesame Street pendant, or the figurines, or the t-shirt, I went a little overboard, but I was in the moment. One little boy even came up to me to ask me how much the elmo thing cost. So then I felt bad for all the little kids that their moms weren't with them to buy them stuff and enjoy the show together. Then there was the little girl behind me that had both her parents with her, she had it even better than Isabel, so there you go. Whenever Isabel was really enjoying something and laughing and clapping, she would turn around to make sure the other little girl was laughing and clapping too. It was cute.Then we went to go visit Daddy at work. We had never been there before so he got to show off where he works and show everyone there that he has a life outside of the office. Isabella was amusing everyone by wearing the safety glasses in the office. Then we ate at Imo's. So yummy. Isabella had her Toasted Ravs. She topped it off with a snooze in the car on the way home, and a real nap in bed upon her arrival. Buster is still at my mom's having Grammy's day out. Running up and down her hill will be the highlight of his life, he doesn't ask for much. He's a simple lad. Next year, we are all going to see Sesame Street together, I'll remember to bring some extra cash for spinney things for all the inner city kids within arm's reach.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home