Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The second to last post about Texas House

We did resign with our realtor. She said she had an offer and to give her one month to close the deal. So we resigned for one month. The offer came in. It wasn't the highest offer ever, but we took it because who the hell cares at this point. The inspection was a breeze, she didn't want any repairs. We signed all the papers today for the closing tomorrow, of which we will not be attending. The real estate agents are walking away with more money than we are, less than excited about that. We were supposed to sign the papers yesterday, but the morgage company wasn't getting their paperwork to the title company in time to send us the papers. So today, I had to pack up the kids, drive an hour to where Todd works, sign the papers in front of a notary while the kids ran wild, put the screaming Gabey back in the car and drive all the way back home. On the way home, the title lady called me and said that our realtor called her and said that she forgot to add on a $175 bullshit fee, so we would in fact be taking home even less from the whole thing, and our realtor would in fact be taking home more. I said, "The realtors are already taking home more than me on this whole thing, so at this point, I don't give a crap." She responded that she hated to be the bearer of bad news. Perhaps I would have been in a better mood if I hadn't lost thousands of dollars and a kid hadn't been screaming for the past hour, perhaps not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home