Two sheep, or not two sheep?
I am in a bit of a quandry. Isabella's "security blanket" is this sheep/blanket hybrid. It has the head and 'arms' of a sheep and then the bottom half is a small blanket. She really loves this thing and when she is distressed, she asks for it. She sniffs the ears, which I promise you, have their own special scent. She also compulsivly picks at the fur, which is leading to tiny but ever-growing bald spots. It already lost the ribbon, the heart on it is halfway off, I'm considering buying her another one. Not to throw out the old one, but to recieve part of the love, and mostly, the compulsive picking and everyday wear and tear. I don't mind that it is a little worn, but I fear her beloved sheep will eventually be lacking of eyes, ears, arms and fur. Quite the scary creature. However, if I buy another, will that be taking away from the specialness of the first, is that even possible? If I wash the new one several times and keep it in her bed, it will get her scent on it. Then if the old one goes missing, it won't be the end of her world. However, to be safe, the sheep is not allowed to leave the premises unless she is doing a sleepover at my mom's house, which are few and far between. I don't know... any thoughts?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home