Disney carnage
I freaking hate Disney. They are all about entertaining kids, what is with all the carnage? How are these phychos making up these stories? Isabella wanted to watch Nemo today. She asked for him by name and brought me the movie. She knows Nemo because of the books and whatnot and because we talk about clown fish and call them Nemo, not from watching the movie. Let's review the movie. Loving couple with a billion eggs. Mom dies protect eggs in the OPENING SEQUENCE. So I have to skip that right away, atleast I remembered that. Then there was the whole danger of being eaten by a shark thing, I had to skip that too. I don't want to have to explain death and dying to my two year old. At least barney isn't going around eating the kids, even through he is a dinosaur, the same can be said for Elmo. Why all the carnage? Must we kill Bambi's mom? Todd made the mistake of playing The Fox and the Hound the other day. He started telling me he played it and I cut him off by saying, "Let me guess, the hunting scene at the beginning went over like a lead balloon." Yes, little Tod the fox had his mommy also visciously murdered at the very beginning. Then there is Pocahontas where somebody gets shot, also quality family programming. Cinderella is basically child abuse. Pinnochio, that whole movie is fucked up. In Snow White, the witch tries to kill her, in some stories, the witch is her stepmother, sleep tight kiddies. Lion King, death of Simba's dad, Simba thinks its his fault... but is is like so much fun to watch him die, it is called entertainment, embrase it.In similar news, I watched Law and Order SVU the other night and I remembered whay I quit watching it. The detective stuff is interesting, but the storylines... geez... Tuesday night they were looking for the guy that raped a young mother with a knife and then killed her baby by buring him alive. Sleep tight adults.
I'm not a hunge fan of censorship, but seriously, Janet Jackson't boob is giving no one nightmares, except for the guy who's job it was to censor it, but can Law and Order and Dinsey take it down a notch, me and my kids are prone to nightmares, seriously.

1 Comments:
When Greg was little his mom took him to see Bambi in the theater. Of course she didn't want him to be tramatized so she took him to the bathroom just before the scene when the mother dies. When they came back his mom says he kept on loudly asking, "What happened to his mom?"
Post a Comment
<< Home