Thursday, March 16, 2006

I made it through Wednesday

I'm pretty tired. I haven't thrown up yet, I don't think I'm going to, but my stomach is on FIRE most of the day. I went ahead and met with my potters yesterday. They brought a ton of great stuff. Pottery is actually one of my better sellers. It beats the Willow Tree figurines every day. I need to expand my pottery section. I know I could easily find other potters to show their stuff, but the two I have are so good and the price is right, and they consistently change their styles so I always have something new. We have a good relationship. They set the price, I pay them, and we both leave thinking we made off like bandits. Does it get better? I was on the phone with this lady that came in the store on Saturday wanting a custom Sushi set for her son. I put one of the potters on with her and she felt pretty cool to be talking to the artist. People are hilarious. One of the potters is also a cateror. She said once she was doing a dinner for a professor and she was done and ready to go before all the guests got there but she was asked to stay and stand there in her chef's jacket so everyone could see the very official looking chef that was hired to cook their fabulous food, just so the host could feel cool. She IS quite the chef. She cooked for our ceramics class once and it was so good I almost ate myself to death. I didn't need a fancy chef's jacket to know the food is good. The lady wanting the sushi set was so admiring the pottery on Saturday. "Ohh, these little feet on the pot look sooo oriental!!" I'm all, "Well, the potter is from Malasia." She bought a bunch of Malasian chopsticks I had. I tell people whatever they want to hear. If they want to know that they are local artists, well, they do live in Missouri. If they want something exotic, then I drop their native countries. Well, I'm doing something right because I sell the crap out of their pots. Come and see, you'll walk out with one, they're great. Everybody wants a pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home