Wednesday, March 22, 2006

a dissertation on the "media"

If you write something, then people will believe it. Maybe not all people, maybe they won't totally believe it, but the seed was planted and now they think its kinda true.
Lets review:
Blair Witch Project. To promote the movie, they promoted it like it was a real thing that really happened. It worked, my goofy friend Nick tried to convince me it was real. So not real.
I read a blip of an interview with Eva Longoria about how she was the teacher in her relationship with Tony Parker because she was so much older and had been married before and whatever. I found this generally uninteresting because the elder generally would be the teacher, for better or for worse, like say, Tom and Katie, who else would like to see Tom convert to Catholicism for Katie? Anyone? You know you do. Anyway, that blip of the interview got passed around because the media didn't want me to think what I was thinking, which was what Eva ACTUALLY meant by it, the media wanted me to catch the wink wink nudge nudge that they were implying that he didn't know how to get the job done in the bedroom and she had to have a chalkboard and a map of the female body and "teach" him when to put what where. Thank you media, I'm now, once again, dumber. Longoria actually issued a statement saying that "in the bedroom, Tony is the teacher." Thank you Eva, I'm now, once again, even dumber.
Back to Katie and Tom? What is up with them? I don't believe what anyone says, Tom, media, Katie's not allowed to talk so I don't get to not believe her. Until the thing goes down in flames and Katie writes a tell-all, nobody will know what is really going on there. I must say, I'm not into celebrity tell-alls, but I would so read it if Katie wrote one. Those scientologists are nutty, I'd love to hear her behind the scenes take on the whole thing, although, I would always wonder how much of it is true...
Which brings me to James Frey. Is this guy a hack or what? I bet a fact checker caught hell for that one. He made up a whole book and passed it off as truth, and people believed it. So now, whenever anybody reads it, they will be wondering if this is a true part or a made up part, or maybe they will just blindly believe the whole thing.
Which brings me to The DaVinci Code. I haven't read the book. I do have a minor in art history and I can tell you that DaVinci didn't put any codes in his paintings. Whether or not Jesus had a baby with Mary Magdeline... who's to say? There has also been speculation that Mary had other children other than Jesus. It isn't considered a sin to have sex with your husband, why wouldn't she have had other kids. Perhaps Jesus was a handful and she decided one was enough. Perhaps she thought another child would be jealous of thier older brother who was the son of God. That's a tough act to follow. Who's to say if Mary Magdeline had a kid that it was Jesus's? I hear she got around, that was kind of her thing. In any event, it was 2000 years ago and nobody that lives now knows what actually happened back then. BUT if you write this book that is all fun to read and say you wrote it based on historical documents, most jokers out there are going to believe its true, whether or not it is. Perhaps someone with quite the imagination, you know, like the media now, wrote all that Mary Magdeline stuff. Tom and Katie are alive now with all the eyes of the world on them and nobody can figure out what is going on between them, how are we to know if and what anything happened between Jesus and Mary Magdeline? Although, part of me has to think that he wouldn't have been so eager to jump up on that cross if he knew he had a kid he was leaving behind. Maybe its just me, but chew on that one yourself.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so true about Jesus not "jumping on the cross" if he had a kid. Good point.

That Tom and Kate thing drives me crazy too. He is insane. I just read something that said he called the editor of Rolling Stone because they were writing a big story about Scientology, and he wanted to know what it was going to say and where the journalist was getting all of her information. Is throwing weight around a doctrine of their religion?

Is religion a regular topic of discussion in Rolling Stone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home