Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday

Isabella threw up this morning at breakfast and generally was near death for about an hour before she got over it and was fine. We were out of milk. I had to wash Isabella's sheets because they were all wet for some reason. I needed to go to the bank. Just when you think you have way too much going on at one second, you see your dogs go running down the street like wild indians and have to hang up on your mom. Luckily, throwing open the front door and calling them with an invite into the house was enough for them. They had clearly been out for a while because they were wasted exausted from running and never did calm down before I put them back out in the back yard. Our gate in our backyard was left open. I locked it to prevent further escape and anarchy.
We hosted the shower on saturday morning before the store opened. I was in the process of busing tables when two ladies had projects they wanted me to do and wanted to tell me all about. I told them to tell me about it later when I was not quite so busy, they said okay, and then proceeded to tell me all about their projects anyway. The morning time was beyond busy. People are amazing with their timing. Its like hey, there are three people begging your attention, but I feel I'm more important and I can't wait, so I'm going to tell you about my project. They didn't even have any of the photos with them or anything, they just insisted on telling me about it even though they would be forced to come back later and repeat it because they didn't come prepared. It all comes down to everyone's need to feel important. Katie's mom's friend was telling me about her horse pictures. I was only half listening because I was trying to help another lady chose between two identical necklaces. Katie's mom's friend wanted to know if I had any photo albums. The answer is technically no, but I do have a catalouge of photo albums that I use for weddings. They have other albums in there, but there aren't any cheap ones. But if you got photos taken of your horse, what? are you going to cheap out on the album? I say if you want a cheap one, why you in here bugging me when you should take your ass to Wal-Mart. Anyway, I give her the album cataloge and tell her I haven't taken time to go through it but if she sees something that she likes, then I can order it. That's when she starts telling me about wanting a western one and the horse pictures and everything else that doesn't concern me. I've been a big sounding board for everyone that wants to tell me about their art or photos or whatever even though it doesn't involve me whatsoever. Its funny, it happens everywhere. In college, on the formula car team, guys would just show up to the car room and start talking about their car. They had no intention of helping or joining or anything, just wanted to talk about their car to a car guy, even though the car guy didn't give a shit about this guy's stupid car. Only now its people wanting to tell me about their pictures. Its funny from a psychological standpoint. People don't realize that they do it. It would be one thing if it was like, "Hey, you're a physical therapist, my shoulder pops when I go like this, do I need to see a specialist?" But the annoying kicks in when its like, "Hey, you're a physical therapist, let me tell you about every time I hurt myself ever and never have a question for you, I'm just telling you because you are interested in everytime I hurt myself ever because I am so interesting." So for me its like, "Hey, my friend takes photos just like you blah blah blah." or "Hey, I took the best photo ever I don't have it with you, let me describe its awesomeness." "Hey, I have horse pictures blah blah blah." How about throwing a question in there??? Would that be the worst thing ever? This is a store, people. This isn't happy fun time where we tell Stacy pointless stuff all day.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the worst part is she's such a flake, that 1. she'll never follow up on the album and 2. even if she did, she has no money to purchase anything.

I am the queen of tuning out uninteresting blather, which I do realize is rude, but the people that I tune out are so focused on filling the world with hot air that they don't notice, and unfortunately, my silence is further motivation for them to continue to talk.

that's why I hate being on the phone. Katie

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

The best part is that she won't follow up on the album. I don't want to have to bother ordering one. The only time I order albums is during the flurry of doing a wedding. Trying to figure out how many horse pictures a person has and what size they are and trying to explain how to or actually doing the album for her, is most certainly not worth the time or the money she most certainly won't pay me for my time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home