Wednesday, April 05, 2006

First month of the store

The numbers are in, and not all that difinative, since the store went through lots of crazy changes in its first month of business.
The biggest being the loss of my embroidery person. It was very hairy and sorted, it cost me a good bit of money, but it is over now and I'm in a much better position to make money now... you know, after the loss of all the other money... but I'm over it.
I've got in a lot more gifts, I picked up some new artists, I've got some Mother's Day stuff on the way, I've got a big shopping season in front of me, my ads in the paper are drawing more people in. Its really good.
The locals have really come to embrase my store. Everyone that comes in talks about how good this is for the town. One lady wanted me to put a sticker on the bag of the necklace she was sending to her daughter in Baltimore, so she knew the necklace came from her home town. She was so proud of this handmade necklace coming from her home town, there was no way I was telling her that my friend in Texas made it, sorry Lacy, but hey, she really liked it so... score. Also big shout out to Lacy who made off like a bandit this month. Her necklaces have been flying out the door.
Who else made off like a bandit? ME! I made packages of cards and I sold them like crazy. I sold a few framed stuff, but the packs of cards was my bread and butter.
Off to make more cards...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home