Tuesday, May 16, 2006

mad skills, or lack thereof

Yesterday evening, I looked out my side window of my house and I saw a groundhog on the other side of my nieghbor's yard. So I decided to go for it and I grabbed my camera. I ran up the street, and cut over between my neighbor's yard and the one next to it and he was there inbetween the yards in the back. He saw me immediatly and started to run. That's when I said, "Its on bitch." and I took off after him. He made it under this random white fence and into his hole before I even got close. I gave it the old college try and jumped through the fence after him anyway. His hole is behind my nieghbor's storage shed. I came back defeated to find my neighbor, the wife, standing there next to her house with her arms crossed looking like she was going to rip me a new one. I told her, "I was trying to get a picture of your groundhog." I thought she was going to blast me, instead she said, "You know there are deer back here all the time. I just saw a mother and a baby..." I told her I didn't get the shot, she said, "At least you got good exercise." I guess she saw the whole episode of me running like a crazy person.
Which brings me to my love of running shoes. You should really wear them every available moment. What if you need to run? You aren't catching any snakes or groundhogs in your flip flops, I can tell you that. What if someone kidnaps my kid in the Wal-Mart parking lot? I can't chase down the car, punch out the window and strangle the driver wearing flip flops. What if there is a crazy chain saw murderer chasing you and your friends? I can tell you if you are wearing running shoes and one of your idiot friends is wearing flip flops, you're going to remain in one piece. Flip flops are only to be worn to and from swimming or when you are going to get the mail and you don't already have your running shoes on. I didn't make up this rule, Darwin did.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something tells me I am going to be the one caught by the psycho chain saw man. I am ashamed to admit to Stacy I only own one old pair of running shoe. (Don't hate me!) I am constantly in sandles, but I think my life style was altered last weekend when I bought a pair of crocs. I think I am in love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home