pissing match with Wal-Mart
So I'm looking into carrying this thread and stuff now in the store. Everyone is on board with this idea. Lots of quilters and other crafters in the area, some craft stores have closed their doors, everyone is looking for a new place. Sweet right? Well... there is this particular kind of thread you use in cross stiching, its called DMC. You use all these different colors when you do a cross stich so it is important to carry a BUNCH of different colors. But A LOT of people use this stuff and have been asking me about it. Here is the part that is 'kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck fantastic': Wal-Mart carries it at a price that WAY under the suggested retail price. So I would either have to sell it at a lot more than Wal-Mart, or sell it right above my cost. Why carry it at all? People keep asking for it!! Wal-Mart sucks and everybody knows it!! I would essentially be investing in people's hate of Wal-Mart. What's a girl to do?Just to be clear, we all know I'm going to carry the thread and give the finger to Wal-Mart.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home