Friday, January 05, 2007

the unwanted attention of an older man

When I pick up Isabella from school, weather permitting, the kids are playing out on the playground. I try to get there a few minutes early to watch her interact with the other kids and to avoid the traffic of everyone getting there at once.
Since she is so small, it is not uncommon to see one of her two larger friends picking her up and carrying her around. Not that she particularly likes it, but she goes with the flow. On this day however, it was different. At first she was dancing around doing her own thing as usual, then this four year old boy took a shine to her and started carrying her around. He was following her around. He didn't appear to be mean to her, but I found it to be overly odd. It took lots of self-control to stay inside the car, especially when he carried her around the side of the building where I could no longer see them. The only reason I didn't get out was because two teachers could clearly see them and appeared to be watching. The two of them passed by one of Isabella's classmates, Emily. Emily, I personally like. She appears to be one of many many siblings, and she couldn't be sweeter. I could not help but like her even more when she used those dress shoes she was wearing to give Isabella's stalker a swift kick in the shins when he wouldn't leave her alone. Note to self: give Emily some new and shiny from my store. Second note to self: put ass kickin' shoes on Isabella on Monday. I said something to Isabella's teacher shen I picked her up. Specifically I said, "Isabella appears to have the unwanted attention of an older man." She was like, "Huh?.... Oh, yeah... I had to pick her up because he wouldn't leave her alone. He kept saying he wanted to play with her. He's had some... interesting experiences..." I did notice her teacher had to hold her for the rest of recess. I also noticed that he still wouldn't leave her alone and played with her shoes since that is all he could reach. I've got to hire osme preschool bodygaurds if this keeps up. Good thing I'm well connected...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home