Thursday, October 13, 2005

even more about the house

The realtor sent me the inspection. This is me and Todd's favorite part: A/C temperature air temperature coming to A/C was 85 degrees and leaving A/C was 61 degree, difference of 23 which means that A/C is cooling more than expected due to some kind of malfunction. Diagnosis and repair by qualified technician is needed.
That was exactly what it said. Is it just me or is this the dumbest thing I've ever read? Once time back in high school my mom had our air conditioner looked at. The technician set the temp at 50 degrees to work on it and forgot to switch it back. When we woke up in the morning, we were freezing our asses off. Was it due to a malfuncition? NO!!! The freaking air conditioner was set for 50 degrees!!! Did you know house inspectors don't have to have any kind of training? They just have to pass a test about looking for cracks and other bullshit. You know, I bet if I set the A/C low enough, I can get some pretty damn cold air coming out of there...
Todd is so pissed he doesn't even want to sell the house to these people. He has been trying to find the number to their real estate agent so he can rip him a new one. He feels the buyer, the agent and the inspector all know each other. I'm sure the inspector and the agent know each other, agents always have inspectors they like to use. I don't exactly see a big conspiracy, because we've been screwed before, although, I'm the one that thought the first time was a conspiracy. I guess if you get screwed enough, it makes you into a raving lunatic. In any event, so far I've been able to hold Todd off. I'll talk to my agent again today. We'll see how it goes over when we tell them we are doing nothing. I told her that yesterday but I could tell she wanted us to do something. So she wanted me to talk to Todd again at night and talk to her again the next day. Our position went from: "We really aren't in a position to do anything to the house." to "If they fucking think we are doing one fucking thing to that house they are fucking crazy." Not the transition she was hoping for, but hey, she's the one that sent us the report....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home