Friday, December 09, 2005

Pig Photo

Nobody appears to have gotten the pig photo reference. So I will educate you. In the very popular children's book, Charlotte's Web, the spider, Charlotte, would write things in the web. There is also a pig character in the book referred to as So and So's "famous pig", I can't recall the name of the family. So Joni said, she didn't know how good I was, but she would like me to have a spider web that read Happy Birthday in it on the front, and on the inside to read, "Happy Birthday from Geisert's Famous Pig." Most people with kids of reading age easily get the reference, everyone else, not so much. I am making a wide variety of cards for her though, so it need not be an issue. FYI, Nicole thought I scanned a web from the book. The spider web in the photo was from another photo I had taken and I plucked it out of that photo and put it in this one and added the Happy Birthday, clearly, like the spider did it.
In similar news, when I was at that party on Saturday, one lady asked me what program I used to do my photo work. I told her photoshop and she tried telling me that she has it on her computer. I wasn't going to argue that, but when she said that it came on her computer when she ordered it from Dell. I had to be like, "You know, I really don't think that is an option of programs you can get already on your computer..." She got confused like my aunt did because her computer came with Adobe PhotoDeluxe, people can't tell the difference between the two names and think they are the same. I never convinced her of this and she went home still thinking that she owned Photoshop. It really isn't worth a big hairy conversation to try to prove I'm right. PhotoDeluxe is a total piece of junk, which is why it comes free on your computer. Which is another reason I cringe like a big geek because people think this is what I'm using.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the reference, but it did take me a minute to figure out and .... well a couple days to post this comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home