Snot floweth like water
Everyone has a cold. Gabe started it, then me, then Isabel, and I think Todd is going to get it now too. I got up fifty times last night to pee. My bladder was totally burning like I hadn't peed in a week. I was hot, I was cold, my nose was running like crazy, coughing, sore throat, total cold miserableness. During the day, it isn't so bad, but night time, geez...Its that time of year again. Time to shave the dog. Riley looks like holy hell. One of my nieghbors accused him of being fat, I said "Trust me, when I shave him, he will loose twenty pounds." I thought that he was fat last year, then I shaved him and felt bad for putting him on a diet. He has always been amazingly skinny, the vet says its ideal, but he looks skinny to me. In any event, he's one hairy bastard. I'm considering taking him somewhere to get it done, but it would cost a fortune, and they would likely shave him bald instead of leaving it short like I do. Todd's parents had a dog like Riley, only he was bigger and had even longer hair that was super nasty because he was a farm dog. They took him somewhere and they shaved him totally bald except the head and tail which they didn't touch. A worse haircut, I have never seen. The next year, I offered to shave him, which is the task to end all tasks. I started and got as far as I could and was going to finish on the next visit. However, one of their other dogs was jealous of the attention he got when he was being shaved, and killed him. Cheery, I know. Best story ever. Anyway, I don't want to shave my dog, but he needs to be shaved, and if I take him someplace, he will look like a dumbass, and as his owner, I too will look like a dumbass. Which is basically unavoidable, because he insists on sitting in my lap when I shave him, and that also makes me look like a dumbass. Oh well. Another day in the life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home