Monday, April 17, 2006

thinking outside of the box

Been dealing with baseball tickets again. I have the four seats to two different games, on the party deck. Since one game is on my mother-in-law's birthday and it should be a pennant game according to my mother, that is the one Todd and his parents are going to go to. Last year, my mom babysat, and I went. It was large amounts of boring with some touches of excruciating pain related to my father-in-law beating a dead horse the ENTIRE night about how minorities are screwed in baseball. Not just baseball, announcing also. I assured him that the ONLY reason that he isn't a baseball announcer is because he's Cuban. Anyway, since my mom is a super fan, and she brighted up so much talking about the game, I told her that it was dumb for her to babysit so I could go and be bored, she should just go with Todd and his parents. My mom is really good at tuning people out, especially if she is interested in something else, not just out of bordom, although, she can do both. So if Todd's dad talks about something dumb all day, she won't even notice. She is going to be so psyched to be there, and stuffing her face at the all-you-can-eat party deck, that she is sure to have a great time. I'll be at home, with the game on in the background, doing dishes or, pretty much whatever I want. I'd like to call this, thinking outside of the box, why should I go when someone else would have more fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home