The sanctity of marriage
In honor of my anniversary, which is today, five whole years, I will give you my dissertation of the sanctity of marriage.Theoretically, marriage is sacred. In today's society it is clearly not. Holy crap, just watch the tv special about Hollywood's shortest marriages. These people get married and divorsed like they buy new outfits. The rest of society isn't much better, they just can't financially afford to get married and divorsed as much as celebs. How about the politicians that use the whole sancity thing so that gay people can't get married. Yeah, Bill Clinton with the most sacred marriage of all, you know half those assholes are cheating on their wives, sanctity of marriage my ass. But then seriously, do gay people really want to get married? You will just end up like the rest of society, marriage, divorse, marriage, divorse. Just look at poor Ellen Degeneres with that whole Anne Heche debocle, at least there wasn't any paperwork involved. So far you have been spared the pain and agony of the lawyers, go with it, embrace it.
Do I think gay people should be able to get married? Yes. But do I think they actually should? Generally, no. I think that there are just way too many people getting married for all the wrong reasons anyway, gay or straight. If a law was passed, all these gay people are going to run out and get married the first day to whoever the heck they are dating at that very moment, and that is just going to make for a lot of divorces later. It would be like straight people in Las Vegas, only for gay people everywhere. If I was in charge, then I would make a waiting period from when you file the paperwork to when you actually get married, I'd make it a year or so, then if you still want to get married, then go for it. I don't anticipate a lot of gay people needing a shotgun marriage. In any event, if you want to get married, then go for it, because you are going to have to lay in the bed that you've made. That could be good or bad. Now me, I've been laying in this bed for five years, and I couldn't be happier. Now, any of you single people want to come help scrub shit out of my carpet? Anyone... anyone?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home