Thursday, May 25, 2006

Visit with the in-laws

Todd's parents came to visit the Saturday before Mother's Day. The boys were working on Justin's new car, and by new, I mean new to him. We gave him the old one as a gift a couple of years ago and have since, lived to rue the day a bit. You could say that if you give someone a gift, it is theirs to do what they want with it, but at the same time, you wish that they would take exceptionly good care of it. In any event, I told Todd to ask for the car back, so he did, and Justin gladly handed it over. So Todd is fixing it more/again and we hope to sell it and stash the cash. Like Todd needs more things to fix. Anyway, the most classic part of the day was when Todd's dad broke the toilet seat. I mean there was a whole piece sticking up and I noticed it immediatly before even trying to use it. When you did use the seat, you also couldn't miss it because you have to balance the seat so it wouldn't slide off and take you with it. The best part is, that he denied breaking it. Todd went in there right after him and said, "What did you do to the seat?" He's all, "What? There's nothing wrong with it." When there very clearly was, and the breaking of it would have included some kind of cracking or popping sound and something causing it in the first place. What actually happened in that bathroom, we will never know, and well, nobody really wants to know. Todd did make him go buy a new seat. Which, in itself is hilarious. Anyone else he would have been like, no biggie, but with his parents, he's like, "Lowes is five miles thataway."
For Mother's Day, I gave his mom a bunch of stuff from my store. One of the things was a set of bath stuff. I swear I had her smell everything and tell me her favorite the last time she was in there. So I give it to her and she said she liked the smell of the one I gave her... just not on her skin. So we hauled back to the store, its close to the house, and I like going there, so I didn't care. I had gotten a new scent and she really liked that, so whatever. It was just one of those, "Dude... Seriously?" moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home