death
One of my employee's mom died last week. Very sudden, just, boom, dead, in the middle of the night. She was an old woman, but still a very productive member of society. Almost everything that is said to the family following a death bothers me. When I went to the wake, I greeted her and asked how things were going, and let her tell me about whatever she wanted for as long as she wanted. Right before I left, a lady came up and started in how how great it was that she died the way she did and whatever else detailing the death. I was thinking, "Thanks lady, I'm sure she wants to relive the death and discovery of her mom's body for the four millionth time today." I never ask her about her mom. I always let her bring it up. My dad has been dead for years, it still stings when people bring it up. Its always like, "Well, I was having a good day, thanks for bringing up the pain I live with everyday, I appreciate it." I was there today when somebody brought it up again. I'm like, "Dude, thanks for the awkward silence, send a card next time."One more thing. What is up with sending flowers? Now you just have tons of shit to haul home from the funeral home, and the irony is that they die within a couple of days. If you really want to be nice to someone who is dealing with loss, how about cutting their grass or scrubbing their toilet, now that says, "I care."

1 Comments:
"I care", no toilets. Love, Katie
Post a Comment
<< Home