Tuesday, October 17, 2006

new smell, not a new smell

It is not unusual to be walking towards Gabe's room and detect an odor before the door even opens. That is what happened two days ago, that is what happened today. Although today, the smell was different, I knew what it was, but it was not poop. Have you guessed it yet? That would be vomit. Poop, while it can leak out of a diaper, is for the most part contained. Vomit, on the other hand, well, it can be anywhere. In this case, down the front of him, all over the sheet and down the inside wall of the crib. What extra kills me is that he didn't seem the least bit bothered by this. I didn't even look in the crib at first, perhaps a blanket was over it, I just looked at him and after a brief inspection found dried vomit all down his PJs. So I stripped him and put him in the bath and went back to inspect the sheets when, YIKES!, it was this giant half dried massive pool of vomit. I've been trying to decide all day if I would have been more or less annoyed at the mess and smell had it been poop. Because perhaps poop is theoretically groser, but I am more used to it, and it is an everyday accurance. In any event, his room does not smell good and I don't know if there is something I have missed or if the smell is chosing to linger. Every day is like my own personal scavenger hunt for one thing or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home