Thursday, April 20, 2006

new to me van

We bought a van. You could say it is new in that it is new to me and replaces the "old" van. The old van is the one that I've been borrowing from my mom for over a year. When we first moved here, I lived with my mom for six weeks, and I just drove that while Todd was in Texas wrapping things up. Then we moved into the house and we owned three cars, the new wagon, and our old two door cars, which we promptly sold. Leaving us with one car and the borrowed van. Since the house in Texas was such a drain, and since the van was a spare for my mom anyway, who also aquired my brother's old truck in the midst of this, making her the owner of three vehicles, we weren't in a hurry to buy a car, nor was mom in a hurry to get the van back. So I drove the van waiting for the house in Texas to sell, which I do not want to relive. So the house sells, and by then we had almost paid off the car, so we waited to pay off the car, which we did, and now we have a van and a new payment. At the very least, we are crossing off old debts before adding new ones, a strategy more people need to employ. So I have a spiffy new van with very low miles and a lot more room and easier access to the kids and carseats, as well as seating for eight. I've had a significant promotion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home