Sunday, June 11, 2006

beware of the girl with the gun

That would be me. I love shooting guns. I've never shot anything live before, I don't intend to, unless someone was trying to hurt me on one of my children, then I would happily shoot them. Granted, that would be hard since I don't own a gun. But if someone tried to kill me while I was skeet shooting with someone else's gun, they are toast.
In any event, since everyone was skeet shooting, I wanted to also. I had only done it once before, but I was pretty good at it, so I knew I wouldn't make an ass out of myself. It takes a handful of tries before you know how to sight it and when to pull the trigger, but once you start to hit them, it is really fun. The guy that owned the place was my personal trainer and his son was my assistant handing me the ammo. The thing has microphones at each of the five stations so when you say "Pull!" nobody has to press a button. It was sweet. I kept telling Gary, the owner, that I liked to shoot, on several previous occations because I had seen his setup before. But whenever I was out there, nobody was shooting. Yesterday though, things were rolling and I'm all, "Lock and load, Gary!"
I didn't do it too long though, since I was using someone else's gun, ammo, clay, etc. My mom was there. I bet she would have done it if her friends weren't there. She's been known to unload one on a troublesome opossum or two in her day.
In any event, I was invited to take photos, so that's what I did the rest of the day. I put it on rapid fire so I could catch some clay exploding. Those guys had a lot more experience than me, and I wasted a lot of photos on them missing the targets. So I didn't feel bad for missing some. I did get a couple of sweet photos. Using a camera really isn't all that unlike shooting a gun. Good eyesight and a steady hand are key in both. And you have a target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home