The week in review
On Friday, Todd went to a party of one of his old college friends. He thought he would know more people there. Lesson to be learned: You should keep up with your friends better.On Saturday, it was Founder's Day. Did the old 5K Fun walk with some recuited friends wearing t-shirts with the store logo on them. I keep up with my friends a lot better than Todd and fun was had by all. Except Andrea who wore jeans in the hot weather. I thought the store would do better business, but the furniture store next to me didn't do their sidewalk sale and the car show wasn't going on either, and those were the biggies that made people walk my direction. I did pretty good business anyway.
Sunday I left for the gift show in KC. This is the show where you have to order all your Christmas stuff. One of my co-workers came with me. It was plenty warm outside and as we were nearing the building I said, "You know once we walk in there it is going to be Christmas." Moments later Santa Claus opened the door for us. "Called that one didn't I?" Good to see Santa gets some work in the off-season.
Sunday we did another quick stop at the gift show then started on home. Dropped off my friend, then dropped some new finds off at the store, then went home to get the van, then to mom's to get the kids. Kids were asleep so had a moment to relax before taking the kids to the barn to see the animals then home for the whole feeding, bathing bedtime routine.
Tuesday I thought I would get some stuff done before heading to mom's because there were a bunch of family friends coming in the early afternoon. As soon as Isabella got up I was taking her in to get her changed and she was fighting me and doing the limp noodle. I tried to pull her back onto her feet and ended up dislocating her elbow. So we all went to the doctor to get her arm popped back in place. I feel kind of guilty, but is it really common and it is more about being in the exact wrong position and not about being rough with her. As soon as it was back in place it no longer caused her pain so she was good as new in no time. For the next couple of days it can happen easier so I will be picking her up by the armpits during any more limp noodle episodes from now on.
Today, I was finally going to do some laundry since I had no clean clothes and do some dishes since I hadn't been home. Then I see that I had to get my picture taken for joining the chamber this morning. Luckily I noticed slightly over an hour before I needed to be there. I'm not much of a primper, but my hair was in a kinky fro from sleeping on it wet and I needed to take an iron to it so I didn't look like a hoosier in the photo. I had to wear one of Todd's knit shirts because all my other clothes were dirty and I didn't want to wear a t-shirt and look like a grub. So I gave it the old college try, packed up the kids, and off I went. They showed up 15 minutes early, luckily I was 18 minutes early.
So anyway, I'm back home, doing laundry and avoiding the dishes. Actually, I think I did do some of them earlier... hard to say, I try not to pay attention.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home